00:14 10th Oct, 2012
Bharti Launches airtel money Service Across India
Users can pay bills and transfer funds in 300 cities.
Bharti Airtel has launched the first operator-based mobile wallet service in India though its subsidiary airtel M Commerce Services Limited (AMSL). Already in operation in Delhi NCR and Chennai during its beta stage, the service is now available throughout the country. With the help of airtel money, subscribers can use their mobile phones to pay utility bills, make purchases at merchant outlets, and transfer money to any other person in 300 cities across India. However, as of this writing, it is unclear if the transfer will be limited between airtel users only.
Customers can choose between two kinds of services: Express Account and Power Account. For the former, a daily spending limit of Rs 10,000 has been set, while the latter can spend up to Rs 50,000. The report adds that the telco has established merchant partnerships with more than 1,800 brands pan-India, especially for Power Account holders.
To subscribe to the service, users can dial *400# or register themselves at www.airtelmoney.in. They can also visit the nearest airtel money retailer, then fill up the application form and submit Know Your Customer (KYC) documents that include identity proof and address proof. Once registered, the service can be activated with the help of a selected mobile PIN. The user will then have to load cash into the number through an online banking account or retail outlet. For making payments, simply enter the receiver's details and start the transfer process.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000