13:09 08th Aug, 2014
ASUS Announces Updated Fonepad 7 At Rs 8,999
The new model similar to the successful ZenFone lineup also utilizes Intel chipsets for processing.
ASUS has announced its successor to last year’s Fonepad 7 and similar to last year’s offering it also comes with some Intel silicon. The Fonepad 7 is basically a tablet that will let you make phonecalls with it as well (as the name suggests). With a new price point, it seems ASUS has pushed the product from the budget to the affordable range and with the new low pricing, also comes some watered-down specifications.
Nothing much seems to have changed apart from the physical design and software UI elements along with a different processor for running all those apps. We now have a slower Intel INTEL Clover Trail Plus Z2520 1.2GHz dual-core processor coupled with the same 1 GB of RAM and lesser 4 GB of internal storage (expandable up to 64 GB).
There is a 7 inch 1024 X 600 pixel display that is powered by a 3950 mAh battery and considering the less power-hungry chipset, should get you through more than a day of use. The Fonepad 7 also comes with 2 MP auto-focus camera on the back with 0.3 MP one on the front. Also included are the usual radios along with Dual SIM functionality that delivers 3G bands as well.
The tablet comes with the custom ASUS Zen UI powered by Android Jelly Bean 4.3 that is upgradeable to KitKat version 4.4. The Fonepad 7 will come in white, blue, black and red and should be available in stores right away for a price tag of Rs 8,999.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000