12:28 21st Mar, 2014
Facebook Is Testing Persistent Notification Bar On Android
Provides direct access to newsfeeds, notifications, friend requests, and messages.
Persistent notification bars on android are a real ‘no no’. However, it seems Facebook is testing out a similar idea. According to TheNextWeb, these FB notification, will always remain on your notification tray (unless you switch it off of course!). We bet that it's going to be something really annoying as it cannot be swiped away. Since it's said to be in the testing phase, let's hope that the final product turns out to be less "persistent" than what these speculations suggest.
A Facebook spokesperson has confirmed this test to TheNextWeb, saying it was only available to “a small group of people” and adding that “if you’d like to turn this off, you can click the ‘i’ icon on the right side of the notifications bar and it will take you to settings.”
On a related note, we have seen quite a few gaudy notification bars in skinned Android. A good example is Samsung's TouchWiz wherein the notification tray is crowded with switches/toggles at the top. This may be useful for some, but surely takes up precious space when you have a lot of notifications appearing on your phone. The Nexus devices smartly have a toggle to switch to the tiled buttons, which can be accessed quickly; not crowding up the notification area in the process.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000