Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:23 24th Sep, 2012
MS Reveals Guidelines For Windows 8 Tablets
Gives us an idea of what to expect from future devices.
Software giant Microsoft has published hardware guidelines for its Windows 8 based tablets. The most notable requirement is the presence of five mandatory physical buttons, namely Home, Power, Volume, and an auto-orientation Lock. Reportedly, the camera should be capable of 720p video recording, and the screen must be packed with at least 1366x768 pixels. Other required features include a USB port, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, and a whole bunch of sensors. Microsoft has also re-introduced the old-school Task Manager, but replaced <CTRL> + <ALT> + <DEL> with the Home + Power combination.
Unlike Google, Microsoft seems to be strict about its hardware guidelines. Whether this strategy will work in favour of the Redmond-based company is currently a matter of debate. Either way, the results will be out later this year, when the first wave of Windows 8 tablets hits the market.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets