Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
20:04 13th Dec, 2013
Instagram Adds Direct Messaging Feature To Take On Snapchat
Lets you send a photo or video to select people rather than broadcasting it to followers.
Instagram, a social network very useful for sharing your lunch pictures has added a new feature in its latest iteration. In version 5.x, users can now send their photo and video messages privately to friends.
After the update, 'share to' screen will now show two options — Followers and Direct. The first option is what you've been doing on Instagram all these years, and needs no explaination. On the other hand, Direct lets you send a photo or video to specific people by selecting their names from the list of followers. The recipients can then like or comment and start a conversation on the shared media. That's very similar to how Snapchat works.
Instagram Direct is now available on Android and iOS in their respective app repositories. Windows Phone version hasn't been out yet. Instagram has asked WP users to stay tuned for future updates.
Publisher: Instagram Inc
Platform: Android; iOS
Size: 14 MB
Download URL: Android — play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.instagram.android&hl=en; iOS — itunes.apple.com/in/app/instagram/id389801252
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000