Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
14:50 29th Nov, 2013
Nokia Planning A Dual-SIM Windows Phone Handset Codenamed Moneypenny
We may see a Lumia 522 or Lumia 622 early next year.
While Nokia's Lumia 520 is doing great in India, it's still off the radar of many value buyers due to the lack of dual-SIM support. Yes, no matter how annoying it is to operate a dual-SIM handset, for us Indians, it is always "more the merrier". Cluttered WP interface is the last thing Microsoft wants, however, the software giant now has no option but to offer what people are looking for.
Nokia has expertise in dual-SIM hardware, but it was held back only because of Windows Phone software. Now if @evleaks is to be believed, the Finns are planning to unveil a dual-SIM handset codenamed "Moneypenny" built on the upcoming iteration of Windows Phone platform "Blue" (a.k.a. 8.1).
There's no word on when the device will go official, but we expect this to happen next year somewhere around February 2014. There's a high chance that this upcoming phone will fall under Lumia 5xx or 6xx series. With Lumia 525 and 625 already in existence, we expect the phone to be called something like Lumia 522 or maybe Lumia 622.
Nokia planning a dual-SIM version of Windows Phone Blue-powered Moneypenny.— @evleaks (@evleaks) November 27, 2013
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000