Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
11:03 27th Sep, 2013
Nokia Lumia 1020 Lands In India
The WP device packs in a 41 megapixel camera with Zeiss optics, OIS, and Xenon flash; will retail from 11th Oct.
The much-hyped Nokia Lumia 1020 has finally arrived in India. The 41 megapixel camera phone is based on the Windows Phone 8 GDR2 (Amber) platform. Unlike the 808 PureView (the company's first 41 megapixel camera), the Lumia 1020 is perfectly pocketable. This phone is based on Lumia 920's polycarbonate unibody design, and is 10.4 mm at its thickest point.
The handsets sport a 4.5" AMOLED screen with pixel dimensions 768x1280. The display is protected by a 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass 3. Thanks to ClearBlack tech, the screen is said to offer relatively better sunlight legibility. And yes, it's a super-sensitive screen, which means you can use it even with gloves on. The phone has been powered by a 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon CPU, and has 2 GB RAM. You get internal storage of 32 GB, but there's no microSD card slot.
Its USP is a 41 megapixel BSI (Backside illuminated) sensor with a 6-lens assembly, manufactured by Zeiss. There's also a Xenon flash, which is generally found in cameras. The phone can record 1080p at 30 fps with stereo sound. For this Windows Phone 8 device, Nokia has specially designed the Pro Camera app that gives total control over parameters such as shutter speed, exposure, white balance, and ISO. The phone comes with a feature called dual-capture. When enabled, it takes a 38 megapixel and 5 mp oversampled picture simultaneously. The high-resolution image can be used for editing, while the 5 mp one can be quickly shared over social networks.
The Nokia Lumia 1020, will start selling from 11th October, and till then Nokia has declined to comment on its pricing. The company cited the fluctuating dollar rates as the reason behind the move, but hinted at a $800 pricing in the US, though you can get it at $680 in the market (Rs 44,000 approx). Additionally, you can buy the Camera Grip accessory for Rs 7,500, while the wireless charger cover will set you back by Rs 3,200. The Camera Grip offers a two-stage camera button, tripod compatibility, and 1020 mAh battery pack. In India, the Lumia 1020 will be available in Black, White, and Yellow. For more details, check out our hands-on article.
- 4.5" AMOLED screen with Clearblack tech (768x1280 pixels), pixel density: 334 ppi.
- Display features: PureMotion HD+ (Refresh rate 60 Hz), Curved Corning Gorilla Glass 3, Sunlight readability enhancements.
- Touch screen technology: Super-sensitive touch.
- Main camera sensor: 41 megapixel auto-focus.
- Camera resolution: 7712x5360 pixels.
- Camera features: Optical Image stabilization, PureView, Backside-illuminated image sensor, 6-lens optics.
- Sensor size: 1/1.5 inch, f-number/aperture: f/2.2, Camera focal length: 26 mm.
- Flash type: Xenon flash, Flash operating range: 4.0 m.
- 3.5 mm audio connector, Micro-USB 2.0 port, Bluetooth 3.0 Wi-Fi, GPS.
- Battery capacity: 2000 mAh, Wireless charging: Yes, with accessory cover.
- Chipset: 1.5 GHz Dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4, 2 GB of RAM.
- 32 GB internal storage, Lacks micrSD card slot.
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyroscope, Proximity sensor, Magnetometer.
- Platform: Windows Phone 8.
- TV Recommendations Under Rs 40,000
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (July, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (June, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 30,000 (June, 2015)
- Top Earphones Under Rs 1000
- Five Affordable Portable Media Players For Music Lovers
- Top Quad-Core Phones Under Rs 10,000 (May, 2015)
- Top Tablet Recommendations Under Rs 10,000