Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
21:37 05th Jan, 2012
Acer ICONIA Tab A200 Becomes Official
Skips main camera to keep costs down.
Acer has added the ICONIA Tab A200 to its portfolio of Android tablets. The new entrant will run Honeycomb 3.2 out of the box, and will receive the Android 4.0 update sometime in February.
According to Acer, the gadget is powered by NVIDIA's Tegra 2 chip, which houses a 1 GHz dual-core CPU coupled with a ULP GeForce GPU. Its 10.1" screen has pixel dimensions of 1280x800. Other specs of the device include a 2 MP front camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB port, 1 GB of RAM, up to 16 GB of onboard storage, and a microSD card slot. Yes, the manufacturer has axed the main camera to keep the device's cost down.
Although the A200's specs may not sound very impressive, its full-sized USB port can make things interesting. The port will probably support the USB OTG feature, which allows users to connect keyboards, pen drives, and even portable hard drives to the device.
The A200 will hit the US market on the 15th of this month, and will cost around $330 (approx Rs 15,500) for the 8 GB version. As of this writing, there's no word on its availability in India.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets