15:30 05th Sep, 2013
IFA 2013: Samsung Adds GALAXY Note 10.1 (2014) To Its Line Up
The 3G / Wi-Fi only version will pack in a 1.9 GHz octa-core processor.
Alongside its brand new Android-based smartwatch and the GALAXY Note 3, Samsung also took the wraps off the 2014 edition of its Note 10.1" tablet. The Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) based tablet will sport a 10.1" WQXGA Super Clear LCD screen with pixel dimensions of 2560x1600. It will be powered by a 1.9 GHz octa-core processor and 3 GB of RAM. This octa-core processor however is restricted to the 3G / Wi-Fi only version, which will most likely make it to Indian shores.
Just like the Note 3, you can expect a "textured back cover with stitching"; however, the front of the tablet will pretty much resemble all of Samsung's lineup. The slate also borrows enhanced S Pen features from its brand new younger sibling, along with something described as Scrapbook which allows curated lists for separate activities. The slate will come preloaded with apps including Autodesk Sketchbook for GALAXY for painting and sketching, and a “Special Offer for GALAXY” section that's said to "highlight unique, country-based content for users".
The GALAXY Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) will be available as a Wi-Fi Only, Wi-Fi + 3G, and Wi-Fi + LTE variants with 16, 32, or 64 GB of internal storage and an additional microSD card slot. The Note 10.1 will ship in two colour options, Jet Black and Classic White. While nothing has been said about pricing, the tab is expected to be sold globally starting later this month.
Here are the specifications:
- 10.1-inch WQXGA (2560x1600) Super clear LCD.
- 3G / Wi-Fi version: 1.9 GHz octa-core; LTE variant: 2.3 GHz quad-core
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) with Samsung TouchWiz UI; Google Play support.
- 8 megapixel rear camera with BSI sensor, Auto Focus, and LED Flash.
- 2 megapixel front camera.
- 3.5 mm Ear Jack, Stereo Speaker, S Pen
- Wi-Fi, GLONASS, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Geo-magnetic, RGB sensors
- 3 GB RAM
- 16/32/64 GB Internal storage
- MicroSD support for up to 64 GB.
- 8220 mAh battery.
- Colours: Jet Black and Classic White.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets