15:00 19th Jul, 2013
VLC Once Again Lets You Play Any Movie Format On Apple iDevices
Multi-format media player reappears on the App Store after two and a half years.
VLC, the popular multi-platform media player that can play almost any movie format, has reappeared for iOS. Returning after a gap of two and a half years, the app now sports version number 2.0. Of course, it is still free. Unlike the previous version, the new iteration for iOS has been developed solely by volunteers. The open source media player had debuted on the App Store in November 2010 but had to be pulled in just around 2 months due to a licencing dispute. The current version is licenced under Mozilla Public Licence v2 (MPLv2) and GNU General Public Licence v2 (or later), the former of which allows its distribution on the App Store.
VLC for iOS 2.0 saves you the time to convert files and plays almost every format as it is just like the Windows version. This includes MKV files with multiple audio tracks (even 5.1) and subtitles. It supports network streams such as HLS, MMS, or RSTP, and includes video filters, manipulation of playback speed, and fine seeking. Additionally, you can also use Bluetooth headsets and Airplay with it. As if that's not enough, the new version allows you to synchronise media to your device using Wi-Fi Upload, Dropbox, iTunes, or even direct download from the web! You will need at least iOS 5.1 to be able to download and install it on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000