Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
22:52 23rd Dec, 2011
Hasbro Sues ASUS Over Trademark Violation
Wants the Transformer Prime tablet to be banned.
Tired of the same old companies duking it out in courtrooms over complex technical patents? Here's a refreshing change: toymaker Hasbro has filed a lawsuit against Taiwanese tech company ASUS. The bone of contention is the latter's tablet called the Transformer Prime, which allegedly infringes Hasbro's trademark.
For those not in the know, it was Hasbro who introduced the Transformers franchise to the world. According to the company's official statement, it believes in protecting its intellectual property aggressively. In this case, it's seeking to ban the sales of tablet in question, as well as extracting its pound of flesh from ASUS.
If you ask me, toys and tablets are two completely different products, and it's highly unlikely that people will buy the tablet just because of the name. having said that, had ASUS only used the the word "Transformer", it would have been fine. However, the manufacturer went on to include "Prime" in the product name, an obvious reference to the protagonist of Hasbro's franchise. ASUS is probably wishing for Megatron on its side now.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000