12:13 15th May, 2013
Micromax Canvas Doodle A111 With 5.3" Screen And Stylus Appears Online For Rs 13,000
Dual-SIM Android 4.1 handset sports dual cameras and a quad-core CPU, but only 512 MB RAM.
Micromax's new handset named Canvas Doodle has appeared at online stores, although an official announcement is yet to be made. As the name suggests, the device's main selling point is its ability to make sketches using a stylus. This should complement its generous 5.3" screen, the pixel dimensions of which, are not known. Running Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), the A111 is powered by a quad-core CPU. It features dual-SIM support, one of which also supports 3G. An 8 mp rear snapper and 0.3 mp front-facing camera takes care of imaging. Here are the specifications of the device:
- Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean); Google Play Store support.
- Dual-SIM (2G + 3G), 2G (GSM 900, 1800 MHz), 3G (WCDMA 2100 MHz).
- 5.3" capacitive multi-touch screen.
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8225Q CPU.
- 512 MB RAM.
- 4 GB internal storage; microSD support for up to 32 GB.
- 8 megapixel rear camera with auto-focus and LED flash; 0.3 megapixel front camera.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, HDMI, FM radio, 3.5 mm audio jack, GPS.
- Sensors: Gravity, Light, Proximity.
- 2100 mAh battery with up to 6.5 hours talk time and 220 hours standby.
- 5.8" (H) x 3" (W) x 0.4" (9.9 mm) (D).
- Package Contents: Handset, Handsfree, Stylus, Pouch, Data cable, Battery, Charger, User manual, Warranty card.
It is good that there is HDMI-out on the A111, which will allow users to display its contents on a big screen. The measly 512 MB RAM will play spoilsport in this otherwise well-spec'd handset: An additional 512 MB would have made it a better device. In addition to the stylus, the company is also bundling along a nice carry pouch with the Micromax Canvas Doodle A111, which has been priced at Rs 13,000. Since a lot of budget quad-core phones feature 1 GB of RAM and hence are presumably better performers, the A111 will be a hard sell, even with the stylus doodling feature.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (March, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (March, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (March, 2017)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000