Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
23:58 09th May, 2013
Nokia Unveils Asha 501 With 3" Screen And A New Software Platform
Will start retailing from June with a price tag of around Rs 5500.
Announced in 2011, Nokia's budget-friendly Asha series has received a positive response in India. This is simply because many in the country still prefer cost effective and easy-to-use basic phones, over a smartphone. Little wonder then, the company has added yet another member to the Asha family. The latest entrant sports a 3" touchscreen and is named Asha 501.
It is the first phone to feature Nokia's Asha Software Platform. The new OS is a result of Nokia's Smarterphone aqusition. The UI revolves around swipe gestures, which is reminiscent of Meego powered N9. For photography, there's a 3.2 megapixel camera. The phone has a microSD slot for memory supporting up to 32 GB. While it will not support 3G connectivity, other confirmed specs include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, and 1200 mAh battery. This will also be the first phone in the Asha series to sport a Micro SIM.
Going by the press shots, the phone seems to have a Lumia 620-esque sporty design. The Asha 501 will come dual and single SIM variants. It will be available in six colours: Red, Cyan, Green, White, Black, and Yellow. Starting from the next month, the Asha 501 will take on the low-end Android phones with its USD 100 (approx. Rs 5500) price tag.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (May, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (May, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (May, 2017)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000