Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:39 06th May, 2013
Samsung GALAXY Core Announced With 4.3" Display
The budget handset packs in a 1.2 GHz dual-core CPU, 5 megapixel camera and Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
Samsung has unveiled a budget Android handset, the GALAXY Core. The handset sports a 4.3" screen with pixel dimensions of 800x480. It's powered by an unspecified 1.2 GHz processor, and has 1 GB of RAM. The onboard 5 megapixel camera should be enough for casual photography. In addition to that, there's 8 GB of internal storage, microSD card slot, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, A-GPS, and 1800 mAh battery. Depending on region, the phone will come in dual and single SIM variants. On the software front, it packs in Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). Taking a cue from Samsung's premium handsets, the GALAXY Core offers some interesting features such as Smart Stay, Smart Alert, Motion UI, and S Voice. You can find more technical details at the end of this article.
The dual SIM version of the GALAXY Core will start rolling out by the end of this month, whereas those who want a single SIM variant will have to wait till July. At the time of writing, there's no information regarding the handset's pricing in India. Considering its specs though, it seems like a successor of the GALAXY S Duos, and therefore, should cost around Rs 15,500.
- 4.3" screen with 800x480 pixels.
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB of RAM.
- 5 megapixel auto focus camera with LED flash.
- 0.3 MP front-facing camera.
- 8 GB internal storage, MicroSD card slot.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, A-GPS, 3G.
- 3.5 mm audio jack, Micro-USB port, FM radio.
- Available in dual and single SIM versions.
- 1800 mAh battery.
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
- TV Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Purchasing A New TV
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (January, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 30,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Smartphones For Business Users
- Five Affordable Portable Media Players For Music Lovers
- Top Quad-Core Phones Under Rs 10,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Tablet Recommendations Under Rs 10,000