16:35 06th May, 2013
New Karbonn S2 Titanium Smartphone Surfaces
Their newest quad-core offering has a price tag of Rs 10.8k, and is open for pre-booking.
A new variant of Karbonn S series smartphones has surfaced on e-commerce portal Infibeam. This smartphone is termed as the Karbonn S2 Titanium, and is available for pre-ordering from Infibeam for a price of Rs 10,790. The online retailer states that the smartphone (not launched as of now) would be released on May 14. Karbonn S2 Titanium seems to be a continuation of Karbonn's earlier S series offerings (such as S1 Titanium at Rs 10,300 and S5 Titanium at Rs 12,000), both of which are quad-core processor driven smartphones. Infibeam does mention the S2 Titanium having a quad-core processor. Karbonn's S2 Titanium has a 5-inch display just like the S5 Titanium, even borrowing the 8MP primary camera and the 2MP secondary camera from its predecessor.
A look at the technical specifications of Karbonn S2 Titanium; as listed on Infibeam:
- 5-inch capacitive touch screen
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system
- 1.2 GHz quad core processor
- dual-SIM support
- 8MP primary camera and a 2MP front snapper
- 1GB RAM
- Internal memory not specified on Infibeam
- MicroSD card slot for expansion of storage up to 32GB
- Bluetooth, 3G and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Google Play app, Music Player, FM radio and Video Player built-in
- 2100 mAh battery
These tech-specs seems to complement the smartphone's Rs 10,790 price tag. The processor is almost certainly a MediaTek, and the 1GB RAM may be good enough for you to run some (if not all) high-end games. As far as competition is concerned, Karbonn's own S1 Titanium and S5 Titanium find mention, besides the Micromax A116 Canvas HD (online price: Rs 14k). Pre-book the Karbonn S2 Titanium if you want the aspects of Micromax A116 Canvas HD for a comparatively lower price tag.
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (July, 2014)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2014)
- Top Smartphones For Business Users
- Best Gaming Smartphones Available In India
- Five Affordable Portable Media Players For Music Lovers
- Top Quad-Core Phones Under Rs 10,000 (August, 2014)
- Top Five Tablets Under Rs 10,000