03rd May, 2013
Android 4.1-Based Zync Quad 10.1 Tablet With Full HD IPS Screen Launched For Rs 14,990
Spec-rich Jelly Bean tab with dual cameras is powered by a quad-core CPU, octa-core GPU, with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB storage.
Zync has introduced its new Quad 10.1 tablet whose main USP is its 10.1" Full HD screen. The device runs Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). Here is a tablet that does not feel like most Chinese tablets with "held-back" specifications. To start with, the tab is powered by a quad-core 1.5 GHz CPU and a octa-core GPU. Unlike other tabs that usually restrict the RAM to 512 MB for some unknown reason, this one comes with a generous 2 GB. Internal storage is also present aplenty with 16 GB and a microSD card slot supporting up to 32 GB. Connectivity is present in the form of Wi-Fi only as there is no SIM card slot. Here are the complete specifications:
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), Google Play Store.
- 10.1" 10-point multi-touch capacitive IPS screen with pixel dimensions of 1920x1200.
- 1.5 GHz quad-core CPU, Octa-core Mali-400 MP4 GPU.
- 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage, Up to 32 GB microSD support.
- 5 megapixel rear camera with autofocus, .face detection, panorama snap, colour effects.
- 2 megapixel front camera.
- Wi-Fi (with hotspot), Wi-Fi Direct, microUSB, HDMI-out.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gravity.
- 8000 mAh Li-ion battery.
- Weight: 471 grams.
- Package Contents: Tablet, Earphones, USB data cable, Charger.
In case the 10.1" Full HD screen is not enough for you, an HDMI port is provided to take the action to a big screen. Its huge 8000 mAh Li-Ion battery is very necessary for such power-hungry hardware and should provide ample backup.
Furthermore, it is mentioned that the tablet has an aluminium body, which is different from the Zync tablets we have encountered in the past. Judging from the specs, this tablet should not have a problem running any app or game that is available on the Google Play Store. We must also note here that our past experience with Zync tablets has not been great (see Product Reviews of Z909 Plus, Z990 and Z999 Plus). Therefore, although the specifications point to a high-end device, the performance can only be gauged once we receive a review unit.
The Zync Quad 10.1 is available at a rather reasonable price of Rs 14,990. Currently, there is no competitor to this tablet with its specs, in its price range.