15:52 15th Apr, 2013
Intex Aqua Wonder Quadcore Launched With Android 4.1 For Rs 9990
Jelly Bean smartphone is a bit low on RAM but sports a 4.5" qHD IPS screen, dual-cameras, and 1800 mAh battery.
With smartphones powered by quad-core CPUs starting to populate the budget market segment, Intex has launched the cheapest one called Aqua Wonder Quadcore (announced last week). It is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU, comes with just 512 MB of RAM, and sports a 4.5" IPS qHD display. Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) is the OS on the smartphone; a rear 8 MP snapper with LED flash and front 2 MP camera take care of imaging. The handset features dual-SIM, with one of them supporting 3G video calling.
Here are the product's specifications:
- Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), Google Play Store.
- Dual-SIM (3G WCDMA + 2G GSM/GPRS/EDGE).
- 4.5" IPS multi-touch capacitive screen, with pixel dimensions of 960x540.
- 1.2 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589 CPU.
- 512 MB RAM.
- 1.93 GB internal storage accessible to users (out of a presumable total of 4GB).
- microSD card slot support for expansion up to 32 GB.
- 8 megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 2 megapixel front camera.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, FM Radio, USB, GPS.
- Sensors: G-sensor, Motion sensor, Proximity sensor, Light sensor, Gesture sensor.
- 1800 mAh battery with 3.5 hours talk time.
In addition to Google Play Store support to download and install a host of apps, It comes preloaded with several apps and games such as Music player, Video Player, FM Radio, Sound Recorder, Gallery, Flipkart, Facebook, Google Maps, Nimbuzz, and Youtube. Intex' press release also mentions a few other features (present on Android 4.1 by default) such as flip to mute, pattern lock, and face lock.
When compared to other budget quad-core smartphones, this one has the distinct disadvantage of 512 MB of RAM, while the rest come with ample 1 GB. The battery is also not the best in its class, and is only better than the 1600 mAh of the Karbonn Titanium S1.
This is the first sub-Rs 10,000 phone powered by a quad-core CPU and Intex provides a free pouch and screen guard with the handset. Buyers beware, retail channels still sell an older "Intex Aqua Wonder" smartphone with a dual-core processor, also similarly priced at Rs 9,990.
- TV Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Purchasing A New TV
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (January, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 30,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Smartphones For Business Users
- Five Affordable Portable Media Players For Music Lovers
- Top Quad-Core Phones Under Rs 10,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Tablet Recommendations Under Rs 10,000