08th Apr, 2013
Lava Iris 455 Announced With Android 4.1
Jelly Bean handset comes with a 4.5" qHD screen, 5 MP camera, and dual-core CPU.
Lava has been launching phones every Friday and this time round, it is the Iris 455 running Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). The handset features a 4.5" qHD capacitive touchscreen and is powered by a dual-core CPU with just 512 MB of RAM. The internal storage is 4 GB, while it can be expanded up to 32 GB via microSD card. The phone features dual-SIM GSM with dual standby. One of the SIMs supports 3G. Connectivity options also include Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. A 5 MP rear and 0.3 MP front camera take care of imaging. Here are the product specifications:
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), Google Play Store
- Dual-SIM, Dual-standby, WCDMA+GSM, (GSM-900. 1800 MHz; UMTS-2100 MHz)
- 4.5" capacitive screen with pixel dimensions of 540x960
- 1 GHz dual-core CPU
- 512 MB RAM
- 4 GB internal storage (<2 GB available for users)
- microSD card for up to 32 GB
- 5 megapixel rear camera with LED flash, Autofocus, Face Detection, Panorama Shot, HDR
- 0.3 megapixel front camera for video calling
- Wi-Fi with hotspot, Bluetooth, 3.5 mm audio jack, FM radio, No HDMI
- Sensors: GPS, G Sensor, Proximity, Light
- 5.4" (l) x 2.7"(w) x 0.4" (9.92 mm) (d), 120 grams
- 1500 mAh Li-Polymer battery, with 8 hours 2G talk time and 6 hours 3G talk time
- Package Contents: Battery, Headset, Data Cable, Screen Guard, Handset, Charger, Extra Battery cover
- Colours: Grey, Silver
Lava preinstalls popular apps such as Fusion, Saavn, Saving Private Sheep, Hike, Cricket Fever, Aircontrol, and Lava Zone. Of course, you can also install more apps and games from Google Play Store. An HDMI port is not present, so you cannot take the action to the big screen. Also, the 512 MB of RAM is likely to adversely affect performance if you have multiple tasks running.
The Iris 455 is similar to the recently launched ICS-based Iris 454 in many ways. Both share similar screens, 1 GHz dual-core CPUs, and even similar RAM and internal storage capacities. However, the Iris 454 has an 8 MP camera as against the 5 MP of the Iris 455 and the former has an HDMI-out, which the newer variant lacks. While it is known that the handset will come with a 1-year warranty, the pricing will be announced later, although we can expect it to be somewhat lesser than the Iris 454's pricing of Rs 8500.