12:37 01st Apr, 2013
Twitter Announces Vowel-less Twttr Service On April Fool's
Pranks suggests a $5 charge per month will be levied to use "the premium Twitter service".
It's that time of the year again when everybody enjoys pulling pranks on the world at large. As some people (who remember the date) have gotten smarter to fall for silly pranks, that number seems to be rather small. Taking cue from search giant Google, Twitter has tried it hands on an April Fool's Prank too. In an official blog post, the microblogging service opened doors to Twttr, which makes the original Twitter a premium service. While the free model will only give you access to consonants; you'll have to fork out $5 per month to use vowels to use Twitter instead. The post tries hard to convince you that this is a good move as you can tweet with more characters now.
Although you'd expect few to fall for something as juvenile and silly as this, at last count the post had been tweeted over 1500 times. For the greater good of humanity, let's just pray that these people figured the joke before making it go viral!
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000