19:20 28th Mar, 2013
Sony Xperia E, Xperia E Dual Now Available Online
Both the models are entry-level devices with piffling hardware specifications.
Sony's Xperia E and its dual-SIM variant Xperia E Dual smartphones are finally available for purchase (after a 3-month wait since the announcement since the announcement back in December 2012). These entry-level smartphones have been listed on Flipkart and Infibeam.
People can buy the Xperia E in various color variants such as White, Pink, Black and Champagne for a price of Rs 9,990 (champagne color variant is priced at Rs 10,990). The Xperia E Dual is available in Champagne and Black color variants for a price of Rs 10,990.
Both the entry-level smartphones have similar tech specs, except that Sony Xperia E runs Android 4.1 out of the box, whereas Xperia E Dual comes with the older Android 4.0 ICS (although upgradable to 4.1). Here's the list of known specifications:
- 3.5" HVGA multi-touch screen with scratch-resistant glass and pixel dimensions of 320x480 (262,000 colours TFT).
- Quad-band 2G (GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); Quad-band 3G (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz).
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) (on Xperia E); Android 4.0 upgradable to Android 4.1 (on Xperia E dual).
- 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM7227A CPU, 512 MB RAM.
- 3.2 megapixel camera, 4x digital zoom, Geotagging, Touch capture.
- 4 GB internal storage (up to 2.2 GB user-accessible); 32 GB microSD card slot.
- 4.5" (l) x 2.3" (w) x 0.4" (11.0 mm) (d); weighs 115.7 grams.
- A-GPS, Bluetooth, DLNA Certified, Wi-Fi.
- 3.5 mm audio jack, Micro-USB port, USB 2.0.
- Accelerometer, Proximity sensor.
- 1500 mAh battery with claimed talk time of roughly 6 hours, standby time of 22 days, 33 hours of music, and 8 hours of video playback.
- Package Contents: Handset, Battery, Charger, Stereo Headset MH410c, Micro-USB cable, User documentation.
- Available Colours: Xperia E – Black, Pink, White; Xperia E dual – Gold, Black.
The Xperia E and Xperia E Dual are clearly just entry-level smartphones from a high-end brand. Smartphones with similar tech specs would otherwise sell at far lower prices. If you can spend one grand more, you'd get this well-specced yet affordable smartphone - the Karbonn S1 Titanium which is priced at Rs 10,200 (online retailer price) and offers a quad-core processor and a 4.5 inch IPS display.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets