11:24 12th Mar, 2013
iBall Edu-Slide i-1017 With Android 4.1 Launched For Rs 13,000
Jelly Bean tablet features a 10.1" HD IPS screen, dual-core CPU, and is bundled with educational software.
iBall has announced the availability of a new tablet aimed at students — Edu-Slide i-1017. According to a press release, the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) device is powered by a dual-core 1.5 GHz CPU and Mali-400 GPU with 1 GB of RAM. 8 GB of internal storage is provided with option to expand it via up to 32 GB microSD. Imaging is taken care of by a 2 mp rear and 0.3 mp front cameras. Its 10.1" multi-touch capacitive IPS display sports HD pixel dimensions of 1280x800. Internet connectivity is taken care of by Wi-Fi. There is no mention of the availability of Google Play Store, but it is likely to be available.
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
- 10.1" capacitive multi-touch IPS screen with pixel dimensions of 1280x800.
- ARM Cortex-A9 1.5 GHz dual-core CPU, Mali-400 quad-core GPU.
- 1 GB RAM, 8 GB internal storage, Up to 32 GB microSD.
- 2 megapixel front and 0.3 megapixel rear cameras.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB OTG, HDMI-out.
- 8000 mAh battery.
- 12 mm thick, 622 grams.
The highlight of this tablet is that it comes pre-loaded with educational content by eTeach for standard I to XII of CBSE and SSC (Maharashtra) in English medium. Additionally, Marathi medium content is also available for SSC students from standards V to X. While you can get one standard course material for free, consumers will be able to get one more standard's course material if they buy the tablet before the 15th of April. The iBall Edu-Slide i-1017 is available for Rs 13,000.
This is not the first time that tablets have been launched to help students with education. Previously, devices such as the Wishtel IRA ICON and Micromax Funbook Pro (with the insane tagline "Pass hoga, timepass bhi hoga", were launched with students in mind, and of course, there were the various Aakash tablets. The Apple iPad is already in use for this purpose in quite a few high-end schools in the country. It ultimately depends on the student to decide whether he/she is going to use the tablet as an educational tool, or simply waste it as an entertainment device.
- Top 5 Budget Smartphones At Rs 15,000
- Top 5 Smartphones Under Rs 20,000
- Top 5 Chromebooks Available In India
- 5 Best Free Photo Editing Apps On Android
- Five Best Compact Cameras Under Rs 10,000
- Top 5 Selfie Smartphone Recommendations
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (August, 2015)
- TV Recommendations Under Rs 40,000