17:10 08th Mar, 2013
HP Launches 10.1" ElitePad 900 Starting At Rs 43,500
The Windows 8 tablet is aimed at enterprise users, can double up as a hybrid with accessories.
As users wait for Microsoft to bring their Surface tablets to India, other OEMs including Dell, Acer, and Samsung have already started to retail tablets running Windows 8 in the country. HP has now joined ranks as it launched the HP ElitePad 900, a business tablet. How people will get work done on a tablet has always been beyond my comprehension, but the tablet's spec sheet is impressive for home users looking to buy a Windows 8 tab too.
The 10.1" slate has been priced at Rs 43,500, and comes with optional accessories or "SmartJackets" that offer more connectivity options, additional battery life, and a docking station and an add-on keyboard that can be separately purchased. Here are the specs as listed on the official product page:
- Windows 8 Pro (thus compatible with x86 legacy Windows apps)
- 1.8 GHz dual-core Intel Atom Z2760 CPU.
- 10.1" multi-touch display with pixel dimensions of 1280x800, protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 2.
- 8.0 Megapixel rear camera, 1080p (thus 2MP) front-facing camera.
- SRS Audio, digital dual-array microphones.
- 64 GB eMMC SSD hard drive; Optional HP External Optical Drive; micro SD card support.
- Wi-Fi Hotspot, HP ePrint.
- 8 hours of battery life; 11-hour additional battery reserve.
- Additional Accessories: HP Slim Bluetooth Keyboard, HP Executive Tablet Pen, HP ElitePad Productivity Jacket, HP ElitePad Docking Station, HP ElitePad Expansion Jacket.
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (January, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (January, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 30,000 (December, 2014)
- Top Smartphones For Business Users
- Five Affordable Portable Media Players For Music Lovers
- Top Quad-Core Phones Under Rs 10,000 (August, 2014)
- Top Tablet Recommendations Under Rs 10,000