12:28 08th Mar, 2013
Samsung GALAXY Grand Receives Android 4.1.2 Stability Update In India
Also introduces a Blocking Mode to prevent the device from pestering you, to enable when required.
Samsung GALAXY Grand has begun receiving Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) update for stability and other features in India. Apparently there are two updates, of which one improves the overall stability and reduces the chances of the smartphone crashing.
The second update introduces a Blocking Mode, which is similar to the Do Not Disturb feature introduced to iDevices in iOS 6. This mode allows the users to disable notifications for incoming calls, alarms, timers, and other alerts during a configurable duration. Additionally, it can also be used to configure an Allowed Contacts list, whose calls will be allowed to bypass the Blocking Mode.
The GALAXY Grand smartphone already comes with Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) out of the box. Its specs include a 5-inch screen, dual-core 1.2 GHz CPU with 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal storage. With an 8 MP rear snapper and 2 MP front cam, this phablet-sized dual-SIM smartphone was launched as a mid-range device at a price of Rs 21,500.
Alternatively, if you haven't received the update over-the-air yet, the firmware update for the phone (model i9082) can be downloaded and applied via Odin. SamMobile lists the firmware (761.3 MB) as having been finalised in February 2013 itself.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000