Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
11:37 11th May, 2015
Plastic Logic 100 Announced
Is a shatterproof e-reader meant for classrooms.
Plastic Logic has announced a new ebook reader, the Plastic Logic 100. This 10.7" device is meant for the education sector. It claims to use the same plastic-based epaper technology as originally intended for its cancelled QUE reader.
The device measures a mere 7.65 mm thick and weighs 475 grammes. It sports a capacitive touchscreen display with pixel dimensions of 1280x960. Apart from being shatterproof, the display is reportedly anti-glare and fingerprint-resistant. The device features an 800 MHz CPU, 4 GB of storage, and a micro-USB port. The OS is taken care of by a customised Windows CE supporting a swipe-controlled GUI. The battery life reportedly extends to a week.
The Plastic Logic 100 will come preloaded with 40 textbooks suited to Russian school grades 6 and 7. The reader will arrive in Russian classrooms later this month, with a price tag of 12,000 Rubles (Rs. 17,850 approx). No word yet on when the rest of the world will get access to this device.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000