Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:31 18th Nov, 2011
Reception Issues Found In Some iPhone 4Ss
Potential design flaw in the micro-SIM tray cited as a possible cause.
The iPhone 4 had an issue, wherein many units were prone to the "death grip". The latest iteration of the phone hasn't had a smooth ride either. Ever since the release of the iPhone 4S, many users have been complaining about its rapid battery depletion. While Apple has been busy finding a solution, its support forums are now filled with multiple reports of SIM card failures.
According to some iPhone 4S owners, their devices are refusing to recognize the SIM card. Many users have claimed that a reboot works as a temporary solution. Since the issue has been found on various networks, it's difficult to single out any carrier to blame.
If you're an iPhone 4S owner and experiencing a similar problem, first get a new SIM from your network operator to make sure that the existing SIM card is not faulty. However, if the problem still persists, have a look at the workaround provided by the folks at WooServers.com. These server technicians have dug into the matter and claim to have discovered a design flaw in the micro-SIM tray of the iPhone.
It has been claimed that the top part of the tray sometimes makes contact with the SIM's metal area, leading to a short circuit and causing the phone to reject the SIM. Their solution requires nothing but a small piece of adhesive double-tape. Check out the following images for the procedure:
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000