17:55 01st Apr, 2013
Aircel: Free National Roaming With "One Nation, One Rate"
The plan ensures uniform tariff even on roaming by making incoming calls free when subscribers are in roaming mode.
Aircel claims to be the first to implement the concept of "One Nation, One Rate" at a time when the Indian Government is finalising a "no charge on roaming" policy. Under this new tariff plan, Aircel provides uniform call, SMS and data rates both on home network, as well as when roaming. This means no extra charges on incoming calls when the customer is on roaming.
To subscribers, the tariff offers:
- Local/STD calls at 1paise/second in Aircel home as well as roaming network, along with free incoming calls while on roaming.
- SMS Rates, both local and roaming will be Rs 1.
- Rs1/1MB data, both local and roaming.
Aircel customers in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu can avail this plan by paying Rs 26 and Rs 25 respectively. Aircel users in Delhi and Mumbai have to pay Rs 39 and Rs 32 respectively, and tariff for other circles will range from Rs 21 to Rs 59.
BSNL also has a Roam Free plan, wherein a prepaid customer needs to recharge the account for Rs 199 every six months. This plan offers free incoming calls while on roaming apart from free voice calls as well, for a limited time.
One disadvantage of the BSNL Roam Free plan is that prepaid users can enjoy free roaming only when connected via BSNL network. When connected via other network operators (e.g., when BSNL signal is weak and phone switches to connect via a different operator), prepaid subscribers need to shell out Rs 1.2paise/sec for incoming calls.
- Top 5 Budget Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (April 2016)
- Top 5 Budget Smartphones Under Rs 15,000 (April 2016)
- Top 5 Smartphones Under Rs 20,000
- Top 5 Selfie Smartphone Recommendations
- Top 5 Chromebooks Available In India
- Five Best Compact Cameras Under Rs 10,000
- 5 Best Free Photo Editing Apps On Android
- TV Recommendations Under Rs 40,000