13:08 28th Jan, 2013
Apple Applies For A Patent To Detect Shoe Wear-Out
Red herring diagrams show shoes with sensors and alarms that tell users to discard old shoes.
Sensors to track your workout and calories burnt have always been around. But if Apple's latest patent application is to be taken seriously, the company seems to be in the process of creating a shoe wear-out sensor. The patent looks to be in its initial stages with the diagram depicting a sensor to detect shoe wear-out, a processor measuring the sensor's data and a mechanism (LED, or a sound-based beeper) that notifies the wearer that it's time to get a new pair of shoes.
These sensors may be accelerometers, pressure sensors or piezoelectric flexing sensors, which processes data using a manufacturer-coded algorithm. The details can also be possibly displayed on an iOS device. When these Apple-branded shoes will make it to market only time will tell. For now, you can check out the patent details here.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets