18:06 28th Jan, 2013
Google Celebrates India's Republic Day 2013 With A Doodle
This is the third such commemorative logo for the occasion.
Today, India celebrates its 64th year as a sovereign socialist secular democratic republic. As preparations for the main parade at the New Delhi, at the Rajpath before the President of India was getting its final touches, Google has decided to do its bit. The third art of its kind, Google has put up a doodle to celebrate the occasion. The art features the "national animal" (tiger) and the "national flower" (lotus) of India, with the India Gate in the background, and the Google logo within the tiger's stripes.
In 2010 the doodle depicted fighter plane stunts, emitting colours of the national flag. But the most impressive doodle appeared last year, with decorated elephants parading National Bravery Award winning kids. The striped tiger though looks bewildered and lost: dare we say, much like the country itself?
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000