Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
14:24 16th Nov, 2011
Optimus 3D Users Can Finally Taste Gingerbread
LG to roll out the update from 21st November.
Good news for owners of LG's flagship device, the Optimus 3D. No, you won't get the holy grail of the Android world, aka Ice Cream Sandwich anytime soon, but LG has announced a Gingerbread update instead. This comes as a huge relief for folks stuck with Froyo (Android 2.2) on their Rs 35,000 device.
As usual, the update promises to deliver a better multimedia experience. However, the main highlight will be the manufacturer's 2D-to-3D game converter, which can transform OpenGL-based 2D games into 3D. Additionally, users will benefit from enhanced power management, a tweaked user interface, video stabilisation in 2D mode, improved battery performance, and better implementation of features such as copy-paste.
The update will be available starting from next week in Europe, and should hit India by the end of this year.
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- Five Apps Every Doctor Must Have
- Top 5 Budget Smartphones Under Rs 10,000
- Top 5 Budget Smartphones Under Rs 15,000 (April-June), 2016
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000
- Top 5 Smartphones Under Rs 20,000
- Top 5 Selfie Smartphone Recommendations
- Five Best Compact Cameras Under Rs 10,000
- Top 5 Chromebooks Available In India
- 5 Best Free Photo Editing Apps On Android