Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
13:25 15th Jan, 2013
Lava Unveils Dual-SIM Iris 501 "Phablet" For Rs 10,000
ICS handset sports a 5" screen, 1 GHz CPU, and a 5 mp camera.
Lava has started the news year by adding a "phablet" to its smartphone portfolio. The new entrant, called Iris 501, features a 5" screen. Similar to the Zync Cloud Z5 Dual Core handset, this phone also has low pixel density of 187 ppi. The handset comes with dual-SIM (GSM) functionality, with support for 3G. It's powered by a dual-core 1 GHz CPU, and has 512 MB of RAM. For your photography needs, there's a 5 mp camera with autofocus. On the software front, it comes with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) out of the box. Here's the list of detailed specifications:
- 5.0" capacitive multi-touch screen with pixel dimensions of 480x800.
- 1 GHz dual-core processor, 512 MB of RAM.
- Android 4.0 (ICS)
- 5.0 mp rear camera with autofocus, front-facing 0.3 mp camera.
- Bluetooth ,Wi-Fi, GPS.
- Dual-SIM (GSM), Supports 3G.
- FM radio.
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Ambient Light, Proximity sensor.
- 4 GB internal storage, MicroSD card slot (supports up to 32 GB).
- 2300 mAh Li-Po battery.
The Lava Iris 501 is priced at Rs 10,000, and comes with a some free goodies including an additional back panel and 4 GB microSD card. When compared to recently released Zync Z5 Cloud, this definitely seems like a better deal. In case, you're looking for more options, you can also consider Micromax's A110 Canvas 2, Intex Aqua 5.0, and Mercury Magiq.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets