Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
09:23 10th Jan, 2013
CES 2013: ZTE Announces Android 4.1 Grand S Phablet With 5" Screen
Jelly Bean based device brings a quad-core CPU and 13 mp camera in its slim 6.9 mm body.
The rush of high-end phablets continues at CES 2013, as ZTE has unveiled its 5" handset. The latest entrant, called the Grand S, runs Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). Following the trend of the HTC Butterfly and the recently announced Lenovo IdeaPhone K900, the Grand S offers a Full HD (1080p) screen. A 1.7 GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor runs the show. It features a 13 mp rear camera, 2 GB RAM, 4G LTE support, and 16 GB of internal storage. All this comes in a body that is as thin as just 6.9 mm, which is impressively slim for a phablet. Here's the list of specs confirmed by the manufacturer:
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
- 4G LTE support.
- 1.7 GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, 2 GB RAM.
- 13 megapixel autofocus camera with flash, 2 megapixel front-facing 1080p camera.
- 5" capacitive touchscreen with pixel dimensions of 1920x1080.
- 16 GB of internal storage, 32 GB microSD card slot.
- 1780 mAh battery.
The handset is expected to be launched by the end of March in China. However, just like most devices announced at this year's CES, there's no information regarding the pricing of the Grand S.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000