Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
18:25 09th Jan, 2013
CES 2013: Lenovo Unwraps 5.5" IdeaPhone K900 Powered By Intel
Jelly Bean handset comes with a dual-core Intel Atom processor and 13 mp camera.
Lenovo has hopped on to the "phablet" bandwagon with a 5.5" handset. Dubbed as the IdeaPhone K900, the phone features Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). It is powered by a dual-core Intel Atom Z2580 chipset, clocked at 2 GHz. For photography, it's equipped with a 13 mp rear camera. Other features include a 1080p screen, 2 GB of RAM, and 16 GB of internal storage. Another thing worth mentioning is its 6.7 mm thick metal-clad body, which is a rare sighting in the "phablet" segment. At this point, Lenovo hasn't given details about other specs. However, here's what has been confirmed by multiple sources:
- 5.5" 1080p IPS screen, protected by Gorilla Glass 2.
- 2 GHz dual-core Intel Atom Z2580 processor.
- 2 GB of RAM.
- 13 mp rear camera, 2 mp front-facing camera.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, A-GPS.
- 16 GB internal storage, MicroSD card slot (supports up to 32 GB).
- Android Jelly Bean.
While it's good to have a powerful CPU in handheld devices, 2 GHz is a bit overkill to me. Seriously, I don't see any productive app that can use such a powerful chipset to its full-potential. But what does get me interested is the 13 mp camera, since there isn't any great camera-phone from the Android camp, for now. The K900 is expected to release in China by April, but nothing is being said about its pricing yet.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000