18:52 04th Jan, 2013
Sony Xperia Z And ZL With 5" Screen Goes Official
Android-based phablets with a 13 mp rear camera expected to be showcased at CES 2013.
Amidst speculations and rumours about it 5" phablet handsets, Sony has put up press shots of two of its smaprtphones, which will probably be up at CES 2013. The similar-looking devices are said to be powered by Snapdragon S4 chipset with a 1.5 GHz quad-core processor, Adreno 320 GPU, and 2 GB of RAM. The handsets will feature a 5" 1080p display, 13 megapixel main Exmor RS camera, and a front-facing camera to make voice calls. The front camera on the ZL seems to be oddly placed on the base of screen though. Although nothing is mentioned about the OS version it'll feature, it should probably run Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) out of the box.
While these are official press shots confirming the existence to the two handset variants, rumours of the Xperia X launch at CES with a rather similar spec sheet is also making rounds. The Xperia X is speculated to be a dual-SIM variant of the ZL (looking at the placement of the front-facing camera). Sony launching three similar handsets and a single event seems a bit strange, but since CES is just round the corner, we won't have to wait too long to figure out the company's plans.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000