18:55 28th Dec, 2012
Yet Another Phablet: Byond Launches The "Phablet PIII"
Features 6" screen and Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean); priced at Rs 14,500.
With the continued success of Samsung's GALAXY Note series, there seems to be no halt to the budget-phablet train. A couple of weeks ago we saw the launch of Karbonn's A30 phablet. Byond has now launched its own phablet device, called the "Phablet PIII" — a name that gets no points for originality. The device features a 6" screen with a pixel dimensions of 480x854, and is powered by a 1 GHz dual-core processor. It is dual-SIM (GSM+GSM) device, and runs Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). Imaging is taken care of by an 8 mp rear camera and a VGA front camera. We have no word on inbuilt storage capacity, but the device has a micro-SD card slot. Here is the full list of specifications:
- 6" capacitive touch-screen with pixel dimensions of 480x854.
- Dual-SIM (GSM+GSM).
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS.
- 8 mp rear camera; VGA front camera.
- 2500 mAh battery.
- Supports 3G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Expandable micro-SD card slot (up to 32 GB capacity).
Byond has priced the Phablet PIII at Rs 14,500. This is Rs 3000 higher than the Karbonn A30, which offers almost identical features except for Android 4.1; we don't think the relatively high price tag is justified.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets