23:57 18th Dec, 2012
Jelly Bean Update Schedule For 2012 Sony Xperia Line-up Revealed
Announcement brings along a few surprises too.
Sony Mobile has finally announced its schedule for software upgrades to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for it's 2012 line-up of Xperia smartphones. First off the Android 4.1 upgrade will be rolling out for Xperia P, Xperia J and Xperia Go starting the end of March 2013. This will be followed by the upgrade for Xperia S, Xperia SL, Xperia Ion and Xperia Arco S in subsequent weeks.
Recent buyers of Xperia U, Xperia Tipo and Xperia Sola will be disappointed as Sony Mobile has scratched the decision for upgrading the devices beyond Ice Cream Sandwich. These devices doesn't seem to meet the minimum requirement of hardware platform, RAM and screen resolution, where as in case of Xperia Go and other phones, it did not hamper the user experience of the device.
Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V, which are yet to be launched in India, will be receiving the Jelly Bean update during February and March.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets