Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
14:04 17th Dec, 2012
Nokia Lumia 505 With 3.7" AMOLED Display Goes Official
The Lumia 505 is the first to come with Windows Phone 7.8; Nokia's Mexico website shows the phone
Dubbed the Lumia 505, the device features a 3.7” AMOLED screen with pixel dimensions of 480x800 and features Nokia's ClearBlack tech to deliver better sunlight legibility. For photography, it comes with an 8 mp camera (not Carl Zeiss optics). What's disappointing here is the non-expandable 4 GB of storage. On the software front is Windows Phone 7.8, which offers a few UI elements of WP8 on inexpensive hardware. While Nokia hasn't shed any light on the chipset, the phone is expected to be powered by a Snapdragon S1 clocked at 800 MHz. Detailed specs are given below:
- 4.6" (l) x 2.4" (w) x 0.4" (d); 131 grammes.
- 3.7" AMOLED screen with 480 x 800 pixels.
- Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- 8 mp rear camera.
- 800 MHz CPU, 256 MB of RAM,
- 4 GB internal storage, no microSD card slot.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1, GPS
- MicroUSB 2.0, 3.5 mm jack, FM radio
- Microsoft Windows Phone 7.8
- Accelerometer, Proximity sensor
- 1300 mAh battery.
The Snapdragon S1 and 256 MB of RAM sound underwhelming, but then the OS doesn't need very powerful hardware anyway. The handset looks a lot like the Lumia 800, and comes in black, white, red, and pink. It's expected to go on sale in Mexico in the coming weeks. However, there's no information on its pricing and worldwide availability. The crippled storage capacity is a bit disappointing, but whether the pricing can redeem this or not, remains to be seen.
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (October, 2014)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (December, 2014)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 30,000 (December, 2014)
- Top Smartphones For Business Users
- Five Affordable Portable Media Players For Music Lovers
- Top Quad-Core Phones Under Rs 10,000 (August, 2014)
- Top Tablet Recommendations Under Rs 10,000