19:55 07th Dec, 2012
Sony Announces Android-Based Xperia E And A Dual-SIM Variant
Expected to launch early next year, the mid-range smartphones feature a 1 GHz processor and 3.2 mp camera.
Sony seems to be picking up letters from the English alphabet instead of hunting for names. In any case, the launch of the Xperia E should cause some glee among Fandroids. It is similar to the Xperia tipo, and it will also come in a dual-SIM variant, the Xperia E dual. Powered by a 1 GHz Snapdragon processor, the Xperia E will run Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) out of the box. The Xperia E dual, though, will feature Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), upgradable to Jelly Bean. This apart, the phones have similar specs. Here's the list of known specifications:
- 3.5" HVGA multi-touch screen with scratch-resistant glass and pixel dimensions of 320x480 (262,000 colours TFT).
- Quad-band 2G (GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); Quad-band 3G (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz).
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) (on Xperia E); Android 4.0 upgradable to Android 4.1 (on Xperia E dual).
- 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM7227A CPU, 512 MB RAM.
- 3.2 megapixel camera, 4x digital zoom, Geotagging, Touch capture.
- 4 GB internal storage (up to 2.2 GB user-accessible); 32 GB microSD card slot.
- 4.5" (l) x 2.3" (w) x 0.4" (11.0 mm) (d); weighs 115.7 grams.
- A-GPS, Bluetooth, DLNA Certified, Wi-Fi.
- 3.5 mm audio jack, Micro-USB port, USB 2.0.
- Accelerometer, Proximity sensor.
- 1500 mAh battery with claimed talk time of roughly 6 hours, standby time of 22 days, 33 hours of music, and 8 hours of video playback.
- Package Contents: Handset, Battery, Charger, Stereo Headset MH410c, Micro-USB cable, User documentation.
- Available Colours: Xperia E – Black, Pink, White; Xperia E dual – Gold, Black.
Looking at the specs, these mid-range handsets will probably be priced around Rs 15,000. They are expected to start retailing by early 2013. Check the gallery for more product shots.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets