05th Dec, 2012
Android 4.0 Zync Z99 2G Tablet With 7" Screen Launched For Rs 7000
ICS-based slate has a 1.2 GHz processor, 512 MB of RAM, and 0.3 mp front and rear cameras.
Zync Global has launched a low-cost tablet — the Zync Z99 — in the already crowded budget-tablet space. The 2G-compliant tab sports a 7" capacitive touchscreen, and is powered by a 1.2 GHz processor with 512 MB of RAM. While you can browse the web using a 2G SIM card (which also supports voice calling), you'll require an extrnal dongle to use 3G. No official product page is available as of this writing. Here is the list of specifications from a press release:
- 7" TFT LCD capacitive 5-point multi-touch screen with pixel dimensions of 800x480.
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich); Google Play and Flash support.
- 3.0 megapixel front and rear cameras.
- 1.2 GHz processor, Mali-400 3D GPU, 512 MB RAM.
- Quad-band 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz).
- 3.5 mm audio jack, USB OTG, Wi-FI, 2G SIM support (with voice calling), 3G support (via external dongle).
- 4 GB internal storage, 32 GB microSD card slot.
- Orientation sensor.
- Audio Formats: MP3, WAV, eAAC+, FLAC.
- Video Formats: MP4, DivX, Xvid, FLV, MKV.
- 3000 mAh Li-ion battery.
- Available Colours: Black.
- Package Contents: Tablet, Charger, Earphones, Data Cable, and Accessories.
The bundled accessories include a Sleeve Pouch, Screen Guard, and a BIGFlix movie coupon. The Z99 costs Rs 7000; considering the specs and price, the Zync Z-990 plus looks like a better bargain.