09:39 21st Nov, 2012
Android 4.1 Samsung GALAXY S III mini With 4" Screen Available On eBay For Rs 27,000
Jelly Bean-based smartphone sports dual cameras, 1 GHz dual-core CPU, 8 GB internal storage, and NFC.
For Samsung fandroids in India seeking a better-sized smartphone, the wait is finally over: The Samsung GALAXY S III mini is available on eBay.in. You'll be delighted to know that it comes with a one-year manufacturer's warranty, as you'd expect of an officially launched product. For the uninitiated, the SGS3 mini is a smaller version of Samsung's flagship product, the GALAXY S III. This shrunken-down handset is styled similarly to its elder sibling; it runs Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) out of the box, and is powered by a 1 GHz dual-core CPU with 1 GB of RAM. The 4" Super AMOLED screen has pixel dimensions of 800x480. The handset has a 5 mp snapper with LED flash at the rear, along with a 0.3 mp front camera. The GALAXY S III mini weighs just 111.5 grams, and it's easier to handle compared with the GALAXY S III. NFC enables convenient transactions, while S Beam allows easy file transfer by simply tapping another compatible phone. Here is the specifications list:
- Quad-band 2G (GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), Dual-band 3G (UMTS 900,2100 MHz); HSDPA 14.4 Mbps for 3G data transfer.
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean); TouchWiz UX.
- 4" Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with pixel dimensions of 800x480, 16 million colours.
- 1 GHz Cortex-A9 dual-core CPU, Mali-400MP, 1 GB RAM.
- 16 GB internal storage, 32 GB microSD card slot.
- 5 megapixel rear camera with flash, 720p@30fps video capture; 0.3 megapixel front camera.
- Wi-Fi hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Stereo Bluetooth 4.0, Standard micro-USB port, GPS receiver with A-GPS and GLONASS, 3.5 mm audio jack, Stereo FM radio with RDS, NFC.
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity sensor, Compass.
- Video Formats: MP4, DivX, XviD, WMV, H.264, H.263.
- Audio Formats: MP3, WAV, eAAC+, AC3, FLAC.
- 4.8" (l) x 2.5" (w) x 0.4" (9.85 mm) (d), weighs 111.5 grams.
- 1500 mAh Li-ion battery.
The handset comes bundled with Samsung-specific features including S Voice (voice recognition), Smart Stay (camera intelligently tracks your eyes and keeps screen on while under gaze), Direct Call (automatically dials when you lift the phone to the ear), and Smart Alert (notifies you about missed calls or messages when phone is picked up).
Launched in Germany last month, the S III mini was expected to be sell primarily in Europe. We like the fact that it's available here: Holding a typical phablet to the ear for long can not only tire your arm, it's also likely to make you the laughing stock of your colleagues!
On eBay.in, the S III mini is selling for Rs 27,000 with free shipping all over India. This, incidentally, is not much more than the Rs 25,000 we predicted. Which is around half the cost of the SGS3, so the question is — is the S III mini the poor man's SGS3? Comment below!
- TV Recommendations Under Rs 40,000
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (June, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (June, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 30,000 (June, 2015)
- Top Earphones Under Rs 1000
- Five Affordable Portable Media Players For Music Lovers
- Top Quad-Core Phones Under Rs 10,000 (May, 2015)
- Top Tablet Recommendations Under Rs 10,000