12:55 12th Nov, 2012
Byond Launches Android 4.0 Mi-book Mi9 Tablet With 9" Screen For Rs 7500
Slate features front camera, 8 GB internal storage, 1.2 GHz CPU, and supports external 3G dongles.
For those of you who love tablets with large screens, Byond has launched the Mi-book Mi9. The slate, which has a 9" screen, runs Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), and is powered by an A8 CPU running at 1.2 GHz with 512 MB of RAM. The pixel dimensions remain 800x480, even though it's a 9" screen. Built-in storage is 8 GB; if this seems low, you can add up to 32 GB more via microSD. The 0.3 mp front camera can be used for video chat using Wi-Fi or by connecting an external 3G dongle, thanks to USB OTG functionality. HDMI-Out lets you take the video action to a big screen in Full HD (1080p) glory. The 6000 mAh battery claims to provide backup for up to 4 hours of internet browsing, or 6 hours of video playback. Here is the specifications list:
- Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich), Google Play.
- ARM Cortex A8 1.2 GHz with 512 MB of DDR3 RAM.
- 8 GB internal storage; 32 GB microSD supported.
- 9", 5-point capacitive touchscreen with pixel dimensions of 800x480.
- 0.3 megapixel front camera.
- USB OTG with support for external 3G dongles, HDMI-Out (Full HD), 3.5 mm audio jack.
- 6000 mAh Li-ion battery supporting up to 4 hours of Wi-Fi browsing and 6 hours of video.
- 10.3" (l) x 6.5" (w) x 0.43" (11 mm) (d), 348 grams.
- Package Contents: Data cable, User manual, Screen guard, Reliance data card coupon, Charger, Headset, OTG cable, Warranty card, Pouch.
Before you consider getting the Mi-book Mi9 for yourself, you need to pay attention to a few important details: The CPU is a dated A8 with just 512 MB of RAM, which could make it difficult to run ICS apps and games satisfactorily. Large screens are attractive, but the 9" screen in this case (which is considerably larger than with 7" tablets) still has the same pixel dimensions of 800x480. This means the pixels are larger in size and less densely packed — so images will not be very sharp.
The Byond Mi-book Mi9 is available for Rs 7500, which is reasonable for a 9" ICS tablet — even considering the low pixel density.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (May, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (May, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (May, 2017)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000