Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
23:10 08th Nov, 2012
Rumour: Sony Readying 5" Android 4.1 Handset Codenamed Yuga
Expected to sport a quad-core CPU and 12 mp camera; could go official at CES 2013.
A rumour of last month suggested that Sony is working on a 5" handset codenamed Odin (C650X). If the latest lot of leaked images is to be believed, the Japanese manufacturer is working on yet another "phablet" called Yuga (C6603). What we can see looks much like an overgrown Xperia P.
According to the Swiss site Android-schweiz.ch, the Yuga will run Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) out of the box. Moreover, it's expected to feature a 1.5 GHz quad-core CPU, which has become a kind of norm for high-end Android devices. Apart from that, you can also expect a 12 MP camera and a full-HD screen. The site says the Sony C6603 Yuga will be unveiled alongside the Xperia Odin during CES 2013. But: Why Sony would unveil two similar "phablets" at the same event is beyond my understanding.
If this rumour turns out to be true, would you be interested in buying Sony's 5" handset over the popular Samsung GALAXY Note 2? Sound off in the comments section below!
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets