Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:04 07th Nov, 2012
Huawei Launches Android 4.0 MediaPad 7 Lite For Rs 13,700
ICS tablet features a 3.2 mp rear camera, 1.2 GHz CPU, and phone functionality.
Chinese telecom-equipment maker, Huawei, has officially launched its MediaPad 7 Lite tablet in India. This has to be one of the few budget slates sporting a metal-clad body. Another aspect that sets it apart from the other 7" tablets, is the onboard 3G slot and voice calling capability. On the software front, the MediaPad 7 Lite offers Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) out of the box. Moving on to its specs, you get a 1.2 GHz Cortex A8 CPU, coupled with 1 GB of RAM. Here is the complete list of features:
- 1.2 GHz Cortex-A8 CPU, GC800 GPU, 1 GB RAM.
- 7" LCD capacitive multi-touch IPS screen with 1024x600 pixels, 16 million colours.
- 3.2 mp rear camera, 0.3 mp front-facing camera.
- 4 GB of internal storage, MicroSD card slot (up to 32 GB).
- Wi-Fi with hotspot, Bluetooth 3.0, A-GPS.
- Micro USB 2.0 (with OTG support), 3.5 mm jack, Gravity sensor.
- Android 4.0 (ICS).
- Voice calls supported; GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), 3G (2100 MHz).
- 7.6" (l) x 4.7" (w) x 0.4" (11 mm) (d), 370 grams.
- 4100 mAh Lithium Polymer battery, 15 hours of talk time (12 hours on 3G), 5 hours of video playback.
- Package Contents: Charger, Quick Start Guide, Warranty Card, Headset, Data Cable.
The MediaPad 7 Lite is priced at Rs 13,700, and comes with a 1-year warranty. If you're tempted to buy this tablet, do check out Flipkart.com, as it's bundling a free Samsung HM-1100 Bluetooth Headset for a limited time. For the price, you can easily get a dual-core Android tablet, however, not many of them will feature phone functionality. Moreover, its IPS panel is any day better than the washed out screens that most budget tablets offer. Therefore, if you're not hell bent on buying a dual-core tablet, then the MediaPad 7 Lite deserves to be on your wish list.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000