07th Oct, 2012
Another low-cost manufacturer has hopped onto the big-screen-phone bandwagon. Spice Mobile has added a new member to its Stellar range of smartphones with the Spice Stellar Horizon Mi-500, which seems to be a beefed-up variant of the recently released Stellar Craze Mi-355 . Under its 5" capacitive multi-touch screen lies a 1 GHz dual-core CPU and 512 MB of RAM running Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). It comes with a rear 5 mp camera with dual-LED flash and front 0.3 mp snapper. Since the official product page isn't available yet, here's the list of its tech specs as mentioned on Saholic.com:
- Dual-SIM (GSM + GSM), Dual-standby, Quad-band 2G (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), 3G (UMTS 2100 MHz).
- Android 4.0 (ICS), Bundled with 6-month subscription to NetQin Antivirus, Supports Google Play.
- 5" TFT LCD multi-touch capacitive display with 480x800 pixels.
- MediaTek chipset with 1 GHz Dual-core CPU, 512 MB RAM.
- 5 megapixel main camera with dual-LED flash, 0.3 mp front camera.
- Camera Features: Auto-focus, 4x digital zoom, Video recording, Smile shot, Auto scene detect, Best shot, EV bracket shot, Night vision.
- 2 GB internal storage, 32 GB microSD card slot.
- Wi-Fi with hotspot function, Bluetooth, USB, Assisted GPS.
- FM radio, 3.5 mm jack.
- Video Formats: MP4.
- Audio Formats: MP3, WAV, MIDI.
- Proximity sensor, Orientation sensor, Ambient light sensor.
- 5.6" (l) x 3.0" (w) x 0.4" (10.5 mm) (d), Weighs 205 grammes.
- 2400 mAh Li-Ion battery, Micro-USB charging port.
- Available Colour: White.
- Package contents: Charger, Headset, Flip cover, User guide.
The phone comes preloaded with social networking and entertainment apps. The handset is now on sale via Saholic.com for Rs 12,500.