Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
16:27 04th Oct, 2012
Rumour: Nokia Working On Budget Lumia 510 With 4" Screen For Around $150
The Windows Phone handset reportedly features 256 MB RAM and 4 GB of storage; expected to release by year-end.
Nokia's budget Windows Phone device, the Lumia 610, wasn't very affordable as compared to its Android counterparts, not finding . Expectedly, this entry-level smartphone didn't find many takers. However, the company seems to have realised its mistake and is apparently taking corrective measures. According to GSMArena.com, Nokia is readying a new phone, called the Lumia 510. The budget handset will be launched in the coming months and priced at around $150 (approx Rs 8000).
The website has also posted a leaked picture of the upcoming handset, sent to it by a reader. From the image, it looks a lot like the Lumia 610, but with a bigger screen. The handset is expected to feature 256 MB RAM, 4 GB of internal storage, and a 4" screen. However, there's no information regarding other important aspects such as the camera and CPU.
Considering that the Lumia 510 is a budget phone, I wouldn't be surprised to see Windows Phone 7.8 instead of the all-new WP8. The device has been speculated to first land in China by the end of this year, followed soon by a worldwide release. If it retails for less than Rs 10,000 in India, would you consider buying it? Sound off in the comments section below.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000