01:29 30th Sep, 2012
Sony Launches Android 4.0 Xperia tipo With 3.2" Screen For Rs 10,000; Dual-SIM Variant Costs Rs 10,500
Features a 3.2 mp camera, 50 GB cloud storage on Box.net, and three-month Vodafone data subscription.
Sony has officially launched the Xperia tipo and Xperia tipo dual entry-level smartphones with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). As the name suggests, the former is a single-SIM handset, while the latter is a dual-SIM variant of the same. The devices are powered by an 800 MHz CPU with 512 MB RAM, and sport 3.2" touchscreens with pixel dimensions of 320x480. Here are the detailed specs:
- Android 4.0 (ICS).
- 800 MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon CPU, 512 MB of RAM.
- Quad-band GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), Dual-band 3G (900, 2100 MHz); Dual-SIM for Xperia tipo dual.
- 3.2 mp camera with 4x digital zoom and VGA (480p) video recording.
- 3.2" scratch-resistant, shatter-proof, 2-point multi-touch screen with 320x480 pixels and 262k colours.
- Bluetooth 2.1, Wi-Fi with hotspot support, Assisted GPS, Micro-USB 2.0.
- FM radio with RDS, 3.5 mm jack.
- 3 GB of internal storage (2.2 GB user-accessible), 32 GB microSD card slot.
- Accelerometer, Proximity sensor.
- 5 hours talk time, 470 hours standby time (350 hours for Xperia tipo dual), 36 hours of music playback, 3 hours of video playback.
- 3.4" (l) x 2.2" (w) x 0.4" (13 mm) (d), 100 grammes.
- Audio Formats: MP3, MP4, SMF, WAV, 3GP, OGG, OTA.
- Video Formats: 3GP, MP4.
- Package Contents: Charger, Battery, Screen guard, Micro-USB cable, Micro-SIM adapter, User manual.
Sony has also bundled along 50 GB of cloud storage at Box.net with each handset, as well as a three-month Vodafone data plan of 500 MB per month. The Xperia tipo is available in Classic Black, Classic White, Deep Red, and Navy Blue colour schemes, while the Xperia tipo dual is limited to Classic Black and Classic White. Sony has priced the former at Rs 10,000, while the latter carries an MRP of Rs 10,500. The single-SIM device has been available online for some time at Rs 9400, while the dual-SIM version is now on offer for Rs 10,300. While both devices will compete with the entry-level HTC Desire C, the Xperia tipo dual holds an edge with its dual-SIM feature.
- Five Apps Every Doctor Must Have
- Top 5 Budget Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (April 2016)
- Top 5 Budget Smartphones Under Rs 15,000 (April 2016)
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000 (April 2016)
- Top 5 Smartphones Under Rs 20,000
- Top 5 Selfie Smartphone Recommendations
- Top 5 Chromebooks Available In India
- Five Best Compact Cameras Under Rs 10,000
- 5 Best Free Photo Editing Apps On Android
- TV Recommendations Under Rs 40,000