Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
19:00 24th Sep, 2012
Android 2.3 Dual-SIM AURUS With 3.5" Screen Unveiled By Idea For Rs 7200
Entry-level Gingerbread smartphone features a 5 mp camera and 800 MHz CPU; ships with 4 GB microSD card.
Telecom service provider Idea Cellular — better known for its annoying Abhishek Bachchan ads — has now announced an Android handset. Dubbed as AURUS, this new Dual-SIM (GSM) phone runs Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) out of the box. The entry-level smartphone is powered by a modest 800 MHz CPU. It sports a 3.5" capacitive touchscreen with pixel dimensions of 320x480. You also get a 5 mp rear camera that uses software interpolation to achieve the megapixel count, so don't bet on the quality being too great. Here's the list of features as mentioned in the press release:
- Dual-SIM functionality (GSM + GSM), Supports 3G.
- 3.5" capacitive multi-touch screen with 320x480 pixels.
- 800 MHz CPU.
- 5 mp camera, front 0.3 mp camera for video calling.
- Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread), Cloud storage, Social networking apps.
- 32 GB microSD card slot, 4 GB card included.
The Idea AURUS is priced at Rs 7200 and is available at major mobile phone stores and Idea outlets across the country. To locate a store near you, visit the Idea website and scroll to the Store Locator section at the bottom of the page. The operator will also offer prepaid customers 3G benefits of around Rs 2300 on the purchase of a recharge worth Rs 259. Check out the gallery below for more product shots.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000