Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
20:39 26th Sep, 2012
Nokia World 2012: Windows Phone 8 Based Lumia 820 With 4.3" AMOLED Screen Announced
Packs in an 8 mp camera and 1.5 GHz dual-core CPU; accessories include replaceable body panels in various colours.
Along with the flagship Lumia 920, Nokia also announced a mid-range Windows Phone 8 device last night. Called the Lumia 820, this handset sports a relatively smaller 4.3" screen, and is powered by a 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 chipset with 1 GB of RAM. It boasts of a 4.3" AMOLED ClearBlack screen with pixel dimensions of 480x800. Here's the list of detailed specs:
- Quad-band GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), Quad-band 3G (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz), Penta-band 4G LTE (800, 900, 1800, 2100, 2600 MHz), Uses micro-SIM.
- 4.3” AMOLED, ClearBlack screen (480x800, 217 ppi), 16.7 million colours, Polarization filter, High brightness mode, Sunlight readability enhancements, 15:9 aspect ratio, RGB stripe.
- 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 chipset, 1 GB RAM.
- 8 GB internal storage, 7 GB in SkyDrive (online storage), 32 GB microSD slot.
- 8 mp auto-focus rear camera with Carl Zeiss Tessar lens, dual LED flash, F Number: 2.2, Focal Length: 28 mm.
- Camera Features: Touch focus, Landscape orientation, Geo-tagging, Auto and manual white balance, Still image editor, Lenses apps, True 16:9 sensor; Flash Modes: Off, Automatic, On; White Balance Modes: Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Daylight.
- 1080p video recording @ 30 fps, Front 0.3 mp camera.
- NFC, Wi-Fi with hotspot an Channel Bonding (DLNA certified), Bluetooth 3.1, Assisted GLONASS GPS (with offline navigation support and voice navigation).
- Micro-USB 2.0, 3.5 mm audio jack (with Dolby headphone support), Noise-cancelling mic.
- Proximity sensor, Compass, Ambient light sensor, Orientation sensor.
- 1650 mAh battery, 14 hours talk time on 2G (8 hours on 3G), 330 hours standby time, 55 hours of music playback, 5 hours of video.
- Audio Formats: ASF, WAV, MP4, AAC, AMR, MP3, M4A, WMA, 3GP, 3G2, AAC LC, AAC+, eAAC+.
- Video Formats: MP4, WMV, 3GP, M4V, M4A, VC-1, H.264/AVC, H.263, MPEG-4.
- Windows Phone 8 OS.
- 4.9" (l) x 2.7" (w) x 0.4" (10 mm) (d), 160 grammes.
- Package Contents: AC-50N micro-USB charger, BP-5T 1650 mAh battery, Charging and data cable CA-190CD, Headset WH-208, Product user guide.
Similar to its flagship sibling, Nokia has placed special emphasis on the camera. One noteworthy feature is called Smart Shoot. It takes multiple images when the shutter is pressed, identifies the ones that have smiling faces and open eyes, then merges the photos to ensure that all subjects look their best.
The Lumia 820 is also compatible with the newly-introduced induction charging pad accessories. It also boasts of interchangeable body panels in yellow, red, white, grey, cyan, purple, and black. If you get bored of your phone's colour, you can simply buy a new panel instead of trading the whole phone. As of this writing, Nokia hasn't shed any light on the phone's launch date and pricing. Don't forget to check out the gallery below for more product shots.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000