00:43 30th Aug, 2012
Hearing On Samsung Smartphone Ban Delayed
Samsung gets some breathing space.
Apple’s demand for getting several Samsung phones off the market – including the GALAXY S2 – will see a court hearing only on December 6. The hearing had initially been scheduled for the 20th of September.
This delay goes well with Samsung’s August 28 press statement regarding the injunction: “We will take all necessary measures to ensure the availability of our products in the US market.” It also tempers Apple’s urgency for a full and final victory. Apple had filed the list of offending Samsung models very soon after it won the patent infringement suit.
There will be a hearing on September 20, but it will only address Samsung’s request to remove the sales ban against the GALAXY Tab 10.1.
Reuters quoted analyst Peter Misek yesterday: “The evidence and weight of the case are heavily in Apple's favour. We expect... a two-thirds chance of an injunction against Samsung products.” Still, with much at stake for both companies – and also, as it happens, for Google and Microsoft – we can expect twists to the legal tale in the short term.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets