Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
14:56 09th Aug, 2012
Lenovo Officially Unveils Windows 8 Based 10.1" ThinkPad Tablet 2
Sports an Intel Atom CPU, 8 mp camera, 2 mp front camera, and optional keyboard accessory; will start shipping in October-end.
Last week, we tipped you off about an upcoming Windows 8 tablet from Lenovo. This has now been confirmed through an official announcement from the Chinese manufacturer. As the leak suggested, the 10.1" slates has been named the ThinkPad Tablet 2.
While Lenovo hasn't provided detailed specs, it has confirmed that the tablet is powered by an Intel Atom CPU running Windows 8 Pro. US sites that received the press release have reported the following details:
- 10" IPS screen with pixel dimensions of 1366x768.
- 8 mp rear and 2 mp front camera.
- Micro-HDMI-Out, Full-size USB port for plugging in accessories, Card reader, 3.5 mm jack.
- Wi-Fi, NFC, Optional 3G \ 4G connectivity.
- Fingerprint reader, Digitizer pen for handwriting input.
- Optional keyboard accessory; Optional dock with 3 x USB ports HDMI-Out, and LAN.
- Claimed battery life of 10 hours.
- 9.8 mm thin, ~600 grammes.
While all of this information is pretty much along the lines of the leak, Lenovo hasn't yet revealed any details about the pricing. As for the launch date, it has been set to the same time as the release of Windows 8. Check out the gallery below for more product shots.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000