10:37 22nd Jun, 2012
Sony Rolls Out ICS Update For Xperia S With New Media Apps
OTA update will feature a tweaked UI and spanking new music, photo album, and video player apps.
The launch of Sony's flagship smartphone, the Xperia S, was disappointing, as it was shipped out with Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). However, an ICS update was due later in the year, and making good its promise, Sony has announced the upgrade. This new firmware will come along with some added features to its media apps. Apart from the Android 4.0.4 upgrade, users will now have access to a tweaked UI over the stock Holo UI, alongside media apps such as Walkman and Movies.
The Walkman app is similar to the one that is a part of Sony's Walkman series phones, which also features Facebook integration and accessing music-related content from Gracenote. The Movies app will streamline media playback, and offer online support for information including movie posters and plot, among other things. Another app introduced is the Album app, which gives easy access to browsing, commenting, and sharing photos directly from the phone to Facebook, and other photo sharing websites.
It is an over-the-air update, which can be directly accessed from the phone through cellular or Wi-Fi networks, though we would suggest you to consider using Wi-Fi, as it is a 200 MB update. You can watch the video on Xperia's YouTube channel for a step-by-step procedure to update your phone.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000